Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Do I really want it?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member schillil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2006
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The end of Jess's year is comming on fast. Last spring I brought her home and promptly realized that I didn't care for her as Jess. Not that I don't love her, because I do. More like she just isn't a Jess to me. So as my DH laughed I changed her name, clothing, hairstyle. I even, through a lot of careful combing and pinning, retrained her part to be straight.

    She really is our Kumiko (Kumi for short). So here is the problem. I never bought any of teh accessories or other Jess stuff. Do I really want any of it? I'll probably get the swim outfit, but I'm not sold on the accessories. I kind of like Toshi (the monkey) and the camera is neat. But everything else seems to be speciffically for Jess.

    Any ideas?
    Laura

  2. #2
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am with you. Her collection does not impress me. I plan to buy the set with Toshi, and sell the rest of the set. I do think her pajamas are cute.
    I made the mistake of buying Marisol's whole collection last year, except for her stage. I ended up selling all of it to buy Jess. I think I enjoy the dolls more than I enjoy their things. Besides, you can use any AGoT stuff with them, and there are other things I would rather have.
    Buy what you like. [img]smile.gif[/img] I makes things more fun if you do not feel an olbigation to get something just because it is part of a collection.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member p69's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2006
    Posts
    65
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Toshi is my DD favorite toy [img]smile.gif[/img] so I have to go to the store to buy 2 more in case she lost this one.
    I have the whole Jess and Marisol colection but this not help me to like Jess and Marisol.
    The will be for my DD some day.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member FelinaDoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I really like Jess's scooter - The tree we have since DD wanted it, but it wasn't a big thing.


    P69 - I LOVE that dress you have on Emily - Wherever did you find it????

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 2liljellybeanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 26th, 2006
    Posts
    139
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Just an FYI-you can buy Toshi seperately-I think he's $14. I don't have the code-but I did ask one time when I called. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Allison

  6. #6
    Inactive Member p69's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2006
    Posts
    65
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    FelinaDoon - I made the dress [img]smile.gif[/img]

    2liljellybeanz - Thank You soo much! I did know that.
    Does any of you know the code?

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 22, 2006 05:24 PM: Message edited by: p69 ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member AGLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2006
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love the scooter! I want it for Christmas!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member muppetquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2006
    Posts
    341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't care for Jess's collection either. My Jess hasn't worn her meet outfit since she came out of her box. I'm not even getting her accessories and I have no second thoughts. But I'm not a completist-- having a complete collection isn't important to me. I buy what I like or my girls like. We like Jess, we don't like her stuff.

    If you like something of Jess's great, buy it. If you don't, save the money for something else.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member danaspillar's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2004
    Posts
    255
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't care much for her collection either, although I did get the swim set. I'm thinking I WILL probably add her pjs and maybe the tree, since I think DD would like that later on.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2006
    Posts
    482
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Laura,

    Interestingly enough, I find myself liking Jess's outfits and accessories more than Jess herself. As I've posted on several other threads, I just haven't bonded with Jess but I've had no trouble loving her clothes etc.!

    IMHO, the PJ's and kayaking outfit are wonderful. Both the PJ's and the kayak outfit look so cute on our other dolls--everyone has had her turn wearing each of them. I feel they are both good value for the $$, especially the kayak outfit since it is basically a 2 for 1 deal, plus the shoes are very cute! The only flaw on the kayak outfit is that the velcro has snagged the swimsuit top in several places, but perhaps this is a hazzard all AG swim gear is prone to?

    We have yet to really play with the accessories--since I'm saving Jess for DD for awhile I'm trying to keep a few items pristine for now, but when I checked it all out I loved the accessories--all cute.

    I cannot help with the Tree Swing or Scooter--doubt we'll get either thing since Emily's collection is very enticing right now!

    HTH!

    Katie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •